Thursday, March 24, 2011

Its alive! (again)

Almost a year after giving this blog up...I'm back on it. I figure I'm mostly just going to use this to post all the music that's shaped my tastes over the years, because when I get old, I know I'm going to forget at some point. Might as well have some sort of record right? I'll probably be throwing some other cool stuff I find on here, pictures/doc's/etc, but we'll just see how that goes.

So since this is the jump off, we're going to take it back. Way back. Back to the songs that really made me indulge in hip hop history, made me want to DJ and all that. Hopefully you enjoy this journey as much as I did.


I'd already known who Run-DMC were by the time I was 8, but after hearing this track while playing Thrasher: Skate and Destroy, I was just addicted (I think I'm going to have to make a bunch more posts dedicated to that soundtrack to be honest).




Listening to this track single handedly made me want to become a DJ. I still have no clue why, but it did.


Until next time, peace.

1 comment: